Best Arthroscopic Surgeon in Delhi
Arthroscopy in Delhi
Joint & Bone Solutions, Delhi is equipped with the latest and state-of-the-art technology for treating its patients. One of the recent technologies includes performing surgery or visualizing the insides of your joints through a small incision. Oh yes, you read it right. Now, your joint problem(s) can be diagnosed and treated using a teeny-tiny incision that is about the size of a buttonhole.
What is Arthroscopy?
As tough as the word may sound to you, this procedure is even tougher and should be performed by an experienced arthroscopic surgeon.
Arthroscopy is a procedure involving the insertion of a narrow tube through a small incision to look inside your body and the joint. This procedure is performed to diagnose any kind of joint problem without having to go for a big incision (not to forget the aftermath scars here). The narrow tube is made up of an optical fiber and has a camera at the end which is connected to a high-definition video screen. The screen displays a magnified image of the patient’s anatomy and the insights of the joints.
This procedure also allows the surgeon to treat various underlying minor issues of the joints by inserting ultra-thin surgical instruments through the same incision.
Why does a surgeon perform an Arthroscopy?
Well, your surgeon can easily go for a traditional method as that’s what he has learned in his medical school. But as mentioned earlier, Arthroscopy is much more advanced and is performed for diagnosing joint and bone issues occurring in the knee joint, ankle joint, hip joint, elbow joint, wrist joint, and shoulder joint.
Doctors choose this invasive procedure when the other noninvasive procedures such as X-rays, and other imaging techniques fail to diagnose the root cause of the issue. Arthroscopy is also suggested when other non-surgical treatments such as medications, physical therapy, or injections fail to mitigate the discomfort and pain.
The arthroscopy technique provides an answer to the unanswered problems. Below are some conditions where one can look up to Arthroscopy and an Arthroscopic surgeon for the treatment-
1. Knee Arthroscopy
Following are the indications for performing a knee arthroscopy
- Eliminating sepsis in the knee
- Reconstructing the torn up or damaged ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament)
- Treating Patellar problems (knee cap)
- Eliminating the inflamed or swollen synovial tissue
- Trim the damaged cartilages
- Repairing torn up meniscus
2. Hip Arthroscopy
Hip arthroscopy is gaining wide popularity due to its ability to treat pediatric orthopedic disorders Following are the Indications for performing hip arthroscopy.
- Managing femoroacetabular impingement
- Chondral pathological issues
- Degenerative hip joint disease
- Internal and external hip snapping
- Synovial exudation
- Septic hip joint
3. Shoulder Arthroscopy
A shoulder joint is a highly mobile joint. Below are the conditions of the shoulder joint where one can look up to an experienced Arthroscopic surgeon-
- Diagnosing joint instability
- Rotator cuff injury
- Shoulder bursitis
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Subacromial decompression
- Torn up cartilages
- Injured or torn up biceps tendon
4. Ankle Arthroscopy
Following are the indications for getting an ankle arthroscopic procedure
- Osteochondral defects
- Loose bodies
- Posterior bony and soft-tissue impingement
5. Elbow Arthroscopy
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Debridement for septic elbow arthritis
- Tennis elbow
- Osteochondral defects
How is the patient prepared for Arthroscopy?
The highly exact preparation for Arthroscopy is subjected to the particular joint. However, below are some preparation drills that are common for every joint
- Avoiding Certain Drugs/Supplements- Your Arthroscopic surgeon may ask you to avoid certain medications/supplements before the surgery to avoid excessive bleeding or delay in healing. It is also advised to avoid alcohol, smoke, etc. before any surgery.
- Anesthesia- Of course you don’t want to feel pain so the administration of anesthesia is a prerequisite. Anesthesia is given to block the sensations so that the person doesn’t feel any pain. There are 3 types of anesthesia-
- General Anesthesia- General anesthesia is given to make the person unconscious during the whole length of the operation. This is, however, rarely given to the patients during Arthroscopic procedures.
- Local Anesthesia- Agents of numbness are injected in the local area to block sensations in the particular part, for example, knee arthroscopy. The person stays awake during the whole procedure.
- Regional Anaesthesia- The most common form of regional anesthesia involves inserting a small needle between the two lumbar vertebrae of the spine. Your lower body will get numb but you shall be awake.
Where Can I Find the Best Arthroscopic Surgeon in Delhi?
Residing in the capital has its pros and cons. The pro is a huge list of eminent doctors including Arthroscopic surgeons, the con is also the same. You are sure to get confused.
Don’t worry, now you have the best doctor on your go-to list. Dr. Biren Nadkarni at his clinic “Joint & Bone Solutions” provides the best Arthroscopic surgeries. With the latest technology and expert hands, Dr. Biren Nadkarni is the best arthroscopic surgeon in Delhi.
Have any problems regarding the joints? Consult the best Arthroscopy surgeon in Delhi.
Remember, Arthroscopy is not an easy procedure, it, requires careful planning, expert hands, and a skillful approach
Joint & Bone Solutions, Delhi expertise in providing the best arthroscopic solutions. Dr. Biren Nadkarni is a renowned name in the field of orthopedics and arthroscopic procedures. With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Biren Nadkarni has completed thousands of arthroscopic procedures and Orthopedic surgeries. With a profound knowledge of all types of arthroscopy, some of his well-revered Arthroscopic procedures are as follows-
- ACL Reconstruction Surgery– ACL or Anterior cruciate ligament is an important knee joint ligament. An injury to this ligament leads it impaired gait and movement of the knee joint, not to forget the excruciating pain. The injury is very common in the sportsperson because of sudden movements or falls. There are several grades of the ACL injury depending upon the severity. Initial grades or low grades can be treated using Physiotherapy or physical therapy. However, the more severe cases require surgery to be performed. Arthroscopic surgeries are very beneficial over conventional surgeries. An ACL reconstruction surgery can also be performed easily by the arthroscopic procedure.
- PCL Reconstruction– PCL or posterior cruciate ligament is a relatively uncommon surgery. The recommended method for treating surgical injuries of PCL is a one-package PCL reconstruction, which is confirmed by modern literature. PCL reconstruction techniques require a sufficient understanding of the biomechanical and biological factors that influence procedure and rehabilitation. The surgery of a PCL injury is a very complicated procedure and requires strong support and vigilance. This surgery is considered harder than ACL surgery. However, soon after the surgery, the complex work of rehabilitation begins. At Joint & Bone Solutions, you will find the best and the most trusted arthroscopic treatment for PCL injuries.
- Meniscal repair– Meniscal injury is the most common intraarticular knee injury. Though usually the Meniscal injuries are cured by non-operative methods if a repair is required, the tear is required to be verified and should be longitudinal with concurrent ACL. Irregular or complex tears tend to heal late. However, whether or not the tear is surgical, is the decision depending upon the definitive diagnosis. The outcomes of surgery are better if the patient is not a known case of previous ACL reconstruction surgery. The absolute success of the surgery also depends upon the expertise of the doctor besides the conditions. The higher the experience of the doctor, the more successful the surgery is. Dr. Biren Nadkarni has ample experience and expertise in treating patients with meniscal injuries. So if you too have a meniscal injury and are looking forward to treatment, you should consider visiting Joint & Bone Solutions, Delhi
- Meniscal Meniscectomy– The Arthroscopic meniscectomy is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed to treat a torn meniscus cartilage of the knee. This surgery can be performed in the OPD. The meniscus usually gets turned up due to athletic and sports procedures. During the surgery, only the torn section of the meniscus is removed. Dr. Biren Nadkarni holds profound knowledge and experience in performing meniscal meniscectomy. If you are also facing issues in your knee joint and want to get diagnosed and treated, you should choose Dr. Biren Nadkarni of Joint & Bone Solutions.
- MPFL Reconstruction Surgery– The MPFL is the primary ligament that stabilizes the patella and prevents subluxation (partial dislocation) or dislocation of the patella. These injuries are most common in young, active women. Depending on the severity of the MPFL injury, treatment may include surgical reconstruction and physical therapy. The arthroscopic MPFL reconstruction technique, combined with lateral retinacular release, is an effective surgical procedure for treating recurrent patellar dislocation that can relieve knee joint symptoms and improve patellar stability and function. Dr. Biren Nadkarni holds a great amount of experience in treating patients with MPFL tears.
Consult Dr. Biren Nadkarni for Arthroscopic Surgery